The ECHO Ion reels are the best reel we've ever seen in the sub $100 category. They're made from what we call a "hybrid" design, cast in aluminum and then machined to provide the benefits of a machined bar stock reel without the high price associated with "fully" machined reels. All Ion reels are then coated with an impact-resistant, matte black finish to provide the best-looking, longest-lasting finish. Six sizes to fit any rod, starting with the 2/3 and finishing with the 10/12, which will hold the largest single-hand or two-handed lines with plenty of backing. ECHO Ion reels have stainless steel internal components and are primarily designed for fresh water use. They are not designed for, but can handle some exposure to salt providing extra care is taken to clean and lubricate them after each day on the water. At $79.95 retail for the three smaller reels and $99.99 for the three larger sizes, the ION reels are a "no brainer."
- Maintenance-free Rulon disc drag with low start-up resistance
- Backlash-free, instant drag reaction from one-way roller clutch bearing
- Positive position click drag knob
- Lightweight, hybrid design balances with lighter rods
- Incoming/outgoing audible click
- Durable solid alloy construction
- Fast line pickup large arbor spool