Quantity: (See sizes or chart below)
Description: The Fish-Mask is a weightless, clear version of the Baitfish Head that provides a clean, simple, and effective alternative to creating heads with epoxies. A realistic baitfish profile and the ability to take on the color of body materials make it a versatile platform for tying a wide variety of weightless streamer patterns.
The sizes in the Fish-Mask range are designed to be exactly fit the sizes of Fish-Skull Living Eyes (a #4 Fish-Mask uses 4mm Living Eyes, a #5 Fish-Mask uses 5mm Living Eyes, etc.)
How To Use: After tying in all your materials, complete the fly by simply fitting the Fish-Mask from the front and finish off by tying a small thread dam between the skull and the hook eye.
- Tie the entire fly onto the hook (or articulated shank) leaving a small gap behind the eye of the hook.
- Create a large thread head and tie off your materials.
- Add super glue (or Clear Cure Goo Hydro) to the thread wraps.
- Fit the Fish-Mask from the front of the fly and position it in place against the materials as desired. Note: If you use Clear Cure Goo, your UV light will shine right through the Fish-Mask and cure the goo within 8 to 10 seconds!
- Tie a small thread-dam in front of the head, tie off, and cement. The thread head locks the Fish-Mask firmly in place, making it impossible to come loose.