Eldredge Bros. Fly Shop 12th Annual Fly Fishing Expo
SATURDAY, MARCH 28th 2015 ~ 9:00am TO 4:00pm
Our 12th Annual Fly Fishing Expo is a celebration of the sport of fly fishing. This event attracts fly fishermen from all over New England who come to share in the camaraderie and festive atmosphere. Every year this event gets bigger and everyone comes away from it ready for the beginning of a new fishing season.
Bamboo Rod Builder
Fred Kretchman of F. D. Kretchman Rod Co. will be here demonstrating some of the intricacies involved in crafting bamboo fly rods. This includes splitting cane, preparing nodes and strips, tapering strips, gluing strips together, straightening sections, and mounting guides and other hardware. He will bring both raw materials and rod sections in various stages of completion as well as some equipment including the Morgan Hand Mill. In addition to demonstrating the bamboo rod building process he will have completed rods on display and some vintage rods, some of which will be for sale. I am excited to announce that we now have a cane cabinet in our store which is dedicated to display new bamboo fly rods built by Fred. As of this moment we have several of Fred's exquisitely crafted cane rods in stock.
Test Cast 100'S of Fly Rods!!
We'll have a large casting area along side a huge tent under which will be a diverse display of fly rods manned by reps or pros from Sage, Winston, Scott, Hatch, Fishpond, Simms, Rio, Tibor, Echo, and more. They will have fly rods set up and ready to compare and test cast at your leisure. Look below for more details on casting your way into a raffle.
Professional Fly Tying Demo
Rick Estes of Owls Roost Outfitters & Joe Calcavecchia of Saltwater Custom Flies. Both Rick and Joe are extraordinary production fly tiers who tie thousands of flies a year. Their attention to detail is evident in their flies and a testament to their skills. Rick and Joe will be tying in our shop during the entire day and will be willing to help you with any fly tying questions that you may have. Every fly that Rick and Joe tie during the Expo will be put into two Eldredge Bros. fly boxes and given away as a door prize.
Register to Win Prizes
From Sage, Winston, Scott and Echo. If you test cast any fly rod, the representative from that rod company will give you a ticket to put in that company's bucket. At the end of the day we will be drawing a winner from each company's bucket for the following items:
* SCOTT: Scott Radian Fly Rod (your choice of length and line weight) - $795.00 value
* SAGE: Sage Accel Fly Rod (your choice of length and line weight) - $595.00 value
* WINSTON: Winston Nexus Fly Rod (your choice of length and line weight) - $495.00 value
* ECHO: Echo Boost Fly Rod (your choice of length and line weight) - $249.99 value
* Dyna King Kingfisher Vise (your choice of pedestal or c-clamp) - $165.00 value
* 1 of 2 $50.00 gift certificates for Eldredge Bros. Fly Shop
* All of the flies tied by Rick Estes during the Expo in an Eldredge Bros Fly Box
* All of flies tied by Joe Calcavecchia during the Expo in an Eldredge Bros Fly Box
A Four Hour Guided Fishing Trip w / Capt. Mark Drummond - $350.00 value. Tickets are $5.00 each or $20.00 for 5 tickets.
* Bradford Camps is giving away 2 nights free lodging for 2 anglers with meals included.
* Red River Camps is giving away 2 nights free lodging for 2 anglers. Choice of American plan or housekeeping plan.
* Tim Pond Camps is giving away 2 nights free lodging for 1 angler with meals included.
* Grants Kennebago Camps is giving away 2 nights free lodging for 2 anglers with meals included
*Fishpond: Say something nice to Fishponds representative Crosby Bean and he'll enter you into a free raffle for a Westwater Boat Bag - $229.95 value
Maine Sporting Camps
We will have Maine Sporting Camps here. These camps offer some of the best fishing opportunities that can be found in Maine. Trout live in beautiful places and that’s where these camps are located.
* Bradford Camps http://www.bradfordcamps.com/
* Red River Camps http://www.redrivercamps.com/
* Tim Pond Camps http://www.timpond.com/
* Grants Kennebago Camps http://www.grantscamps.com/
Free Antique Tackle Appraisals
Sante Giuliani, Jeff Knapp and Danny LeRoux will be here doing free appraisals on old fishing gear. Sante and Jeff are two of the country's leading authorities on antique bamboo fly rods and Danny is an authority on old plugs, lures, reels, tackle boxes and anything that ever went into them. If you've got an old cane rod or just anything fishing related that's old, bring it by. You might be sitting on a gold mine or you may have something with a very interesting history.
Ron Bracy of Pride Farm Furniture Makers will be here with his artistic fish carvings.
David B. Tibbetts
Artist David Tibbetts will be here with his beautiful artwork.
Water Master Boats
Purchase a Water Master Boat and receive a 10% discount. This offer is valid only for the day of the expo. Email orders for Water Master Boats the day of the expo will also receive this discount.
Flies For Kids Raffle
The day of the our Expo will be the last chance to buy a raffle ticket to win two Cliff Bugger Beast fly boxes stuffed full of flies tied for many species of fish and donated by generous tyers from all over. The proceeds raised in this raffle will go towards purchasing fly tying kits to hand out to kids who show an interest in learning to tie flys. The value of these fly boxes is approaching $800.00! Tickets are $10.00 per chance and the lucky winner takes all! The drawing will be held after the closing of the Expo.
Free Fly Line
* All purchases totaling over $300.00 receive a free fly line of your choice.
* This deal is also available to any email orders placed between March 29th and April 1st.
* (Spey lines & Versi tips not included)
Great Bay Trout Unlimited & Piscataqua Great Bay Water Keeper Jeff Barnum will be the chefs on hand. They will have the grills fired up and be serving free hot dogs, hamburgers, cheeseburgers, veggie burgers, soda, and coffee all day long to anyone with an appetite. We will also have free culinary delights cooked in the Green Egg. There will be free breakfast sandwiches & doughnuts for those who get here early.
This is a "RAIN OR SHINE OR SNOW OR HAIL OR WICKED NASTY NOR'EASTER" event. As we've seen from previous events there is no weather that can stop a hardy New Englander from following their passion and we will not let it stop us from holding this event. Don't forget to bring your foul weather gear so you can still cast rods comfortably if it's sleeting sideways. March 28th, 2015 from 9:00am till 4:00pm here at the Fly Shop. Address is below or you can e-mail or call the shop for directions.
More info to come...